Sunday 16 August 2009

SAINTS AND SINNERS

Howdy Doodie! You sniff me out as you wagged over? It's my new O de Toilette. Rolled in it in the park yesterday afternoon. Special. O De Ded Hedgehog. Smells. Luscious. Hope it'll make my Toffee sweetie swooooon as we spooooon. Had a good week everybloggie? Bit of an unusual one in my neck of the woods. Haaa!!! Specially in the woods where I went for a walk last week. It's the size of a pocket hankie. A Man Size one. Bout 2 miles square with a pond in the middle. BUT. Atishoooo away from the M25 Motorway Madness bordering one side. And a sneeze away from two zoooming zoomer roads on other. You've been blessed already if you're lucky enough to live in the squillion billion ££££ houses on the fourth side. So. There I was. Off my lead staying close to the leggeds like a good boy(no worries I'm always on my lead near roads) Minding my own while sniffing every other doggies business. When. I spy. A spaniel. No lead. We wags up together to bark the time of day.



Squaries stop. Wait for his to appear. No leggeds in view. No whistles. Bells. Nothing. Wait. And wait. Shout out for his leggeds. Nadda. No reply. Hmmm. Wait more. Leggeds finally inspect Spaniel Boys tags. Daddy Square calls the mobile number. Asks if they've lost their dog. Now. A quick quiz. Do you think the legged who answered the phone was a) Woeful. Worried sick? b) Phew. Relieved? c) Grovelling. Grateful? Yours and mine would be all three. Am I right? Course I am. If you guessed a, b or even c.WRONG!! The short reply? "I'm abroad. Ring the other number" Dog and Bone plonked down. The squaries were gob smackerred. Called the land line number, expecting no answer as out looking for Spaniel boy....nope.Phone answered. Daddy Square blahblabla...arranges to meet Spaniel Boys legged sissy in 1/2 hour.



Surprise!!! Surprise!!! Lookie at me with my halo. Guess you read the title of my bloggie and though Uh Oh Eric's using his triple troubles huh? No. For once I'm the SAINT of the tale. Yep. For finding the lost boy. Eric Smart eh?



Here's the lost boy. Giving me a going over. Xpecting my halo to have slipped to where he's sniffin'. As if. Spaniel Boy. The runaway......



now he's the Sinner.OOohaaaa!!! Lookie at him. The naughty little Devil. Yapped he'd escaped from his garden, which backs onto the woods, at least a couple of hours ago. While his big legged sissy was looking after him. His Mom was on holiday. Barked he'd was 9. Lived with his leggeds since a pup. And was up for adventure...



Anyways. Off we wagged. Me off lead. Sinner on mine. Making sure he didn't do a Houdini. I didn't mind. Xcept when I caught him giving MY Mom some loving. Grrrrrrrrrr. Sinner didn't do walking. Really was a right little Devil Mom said. Lurking then lurching. Zigging then Zagging. Pulling like billy-O. To sniff. Every single. Twig. Leaf. Tree. Speck of dirt. Then pee on every other one. Cast your minces on me Eric, wagging along all Saintly. Then at Sinner sniffin' n a-pulling. (Mom would be grateful for suggestions of how to disguise her one ape long arm. Thanking you.)




Kind of cute little devil though isn't he? We liked him a lot. Finally met up. Sinner wasn't wagging to see his legged sissy. Not. At all. Didn't even pull towards her. No greetings. Yelps of joy. No jumping. Or kissies. What's that about then??? I'd go bonkers - bet you'd do the same. (Apart from you cool cat Brucey) As for sissy. No cuddling. Or scritchies. No welcome pats n pets for lost little Sinner. Awww. Wanted to shed many a tear.

Squares asked how/when Sinner escaped. Answer was "He might of tunnelled under the garden fence maybe a couple of hours ago" Thanked us and stuffie. Hadn't noticed he'd gone. WHAT????NOOOOOOOOO. Sinner yanked his legged to the pond and was gone. Weird what? No bloggie seemed all that bothered bout loosing the lovely Sinner. Isn't that Terrierble? Upsetting too. Jeepers. Could of strayed onto the raging roads. Maybe he's always escaping? Is a devoted one person only dog? Hmmm. Don't know. But been wondering all week. It's made leggeds and me feel sadder than sad. Paws crossed he got a loving welcome home later. Anyways. Need to bark my thanks to him. For making me look like a Saint. Both off my lead and on. This week at least. Well. Till the rolling thingy yesterday....

26 comments:

Gus said...

That is so sad. We hope Sinner got a better welcome when he got home. And we know you are a saint of sorts, regardless of the comparison.

Dead. Hedgehog.

OMD I am soooo jealous.

gussie

Bae Bae said...

Oh.. Sinner looks kinda cute.

~ Bae

i said...

Hi Eric, I could smell you all the way from my blog. You smell great!

You do look very saintly here ;-) Sinner looks cute even with his horns hehe.

Molly the Airedale said...

Bless you for happening upon Sinner and helping the laddie out, Eric! What a shame he wasn't welcomed home with open arms! We feel sad for him. He really is quite a cutie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

What a sad story. The little guy looks like my cousin, Misha. I know my sissy would be having heart failure if HE ever escaped.

I sure hope that bad two leggie takes care of him. No wonder he was gruff.

Slobbers,
Mango

tula monstah said...

Oh E--knew your day would come! have to pass those horns on... should have been on the spaniels sissy. puggeash! so, are your leggeds going to glue that halo on? hehehehe JK! you did good E! you did good!

kisses,
tula

Ziggy Stardust said...

Eric, I am so proud of you. You are a hero!

licks and sniffs, Sasha

TwoSpecialWires said...

You deserve that halo, Eric. We hope it lasted long enough you could take it home and polish it and put it in a special spot to put back on when it'd come in handy.

Your tail reminded us of a "lost dog" adventure we had around here last spring. The ending to our story was: we eventually delivered the pup back to his home - straight up to the front door - and nobody said even an word to the poor guy as he bounded into the house. Made us growl, it did. We grumble every time we pass by his castle.

Good job. Hope everyone is getting along well. Heads held high!

Yours,
Jake and Fergi

Jake of Florida said...

We're aghast at the reaction of those leggeds. And kind of sad at the implications.

You're so right -- our leggeds go nuts if one of us (JH himself) goes for a two-minute fugue.

We'd have been tempted to keep the little guy after the first
"I'm abroad!" reaction. Well, at least he had a collar with a number.

But we love your leggeds and you -- unaccustomed as we are to seeing a shiny halo on your dear square head!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

That is soooo furry sad!

Our khanine body language gives us away -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Martha said...

Oh my dogness, that is a terrible sad story!!!
Our mum once found a labrador and took him home once she got a reply to the phone. By then she had opened a tin of tuna and made him some toast. She had no dog food cos we hadn't arrived yet.
When she got him home there were two leggeds plus three children - nobody seemed that interested and when mum was leaving the house the dog wanted to come with her!!!
She says it is the most upsetting thing so she know just how your leggeds feel.
You just think everyone is going to be like our leggeds!
Well we are just beginning to wish you had dognapped that spaniel!!
On a brighter note your are our hero Eric - and a hero who also smells of dead hedgehog is just totally pawesome!
We will be wrestling Toffee for you next!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Hamish Westie said...

Hi Eric,
That is so sad. Makes me feel very lucky to have an owner who cares. You too I expect.
But I do like the sound of O de hedgehog. Is it as good as rotting fish I wonder??
Cheers, H,

Asta said...

Ewic
Can't even imagine..poow Sinnew, wif that kind of "concewn" and welcome..no wondew he wanted out.
Poow kid..that's cewtainly not the weaction my leggeds would have had
I can't believe what a saint you awe..off lead yet???
Oh my dog..I wouldn't be twusted.
I guess having posh houses doesn't mean you have love like we do.
I bet youw Oh de ded hedgehog was delish..I would have loved to sniff yoouw bullseye spot, hehehehe
thanks fow following me on my walk...bad smilebox I'm so sowwy you couldn't see it..and I'm putting up anothew tomowwow..I have so many mowe pics fwom my twip,hope you don't get boowed.
I suwe wish we lived closew. Even wif youw shiny halo to make me seen like a sinnew I'd love it.
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Agatha and Archie said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh we are heart sick(not that you a a saint because we knew that already) but for the little devil.....PL2 is really sad and Archie and I are trying to think how we can kidnap him and bring him here..this one may be out of our league..If we were lost PL1+2 would be HYSTERICAL ....poor little boy......You know what's funny? When we turned on the computer Archie said WHOAAAAAA it smells like dead hedgehog....fabulous...My brother has the BEST nose....Love you to pieces..A+A

Joe Stains said...

Some humans are just jerks, for sure. You were a true hero in this case, and you deserve many treats.

Lorenza said...

You are my hero, Eric!
I felt so sorry for him!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Ahh, Bestie, you truly are following in my hallowed pawsteps, aren't you?

Poor Sinner - you saw the reaction I got when I went exploring off the porch (okay, so it was within snapping distance of an alligator) and Mommy went bonkers! Can't imagine not noticing your faithful companion has been missing for hours. As for the "I'm a broad" comment, well, if it wouldn't offend all my lady dog friends, I'd be more tempted to reply "No, you're a bitch!"

Well done oh smelly one.

Your pal,

Petey

Juno said...

Erik,we're very sad to read this story.... We wonder if this poor guy will find a better home.

Mom told us that when she was a little, her Dorberman girl found an abandoned doggie on the street and they took him in. Thier autie was looking for a doggie so she decided to look after this poor dog. Trust us, mom's autie is a good pawson but for some reasons this doggie prefered to stay with our mom's family. He was named Taro and lived with mom's family for a very very long time. :)

Baby Erik is SO cute, Erik!!

Momo & Pinot

William Tell said...

I know Mom took off work in the middle of the day to corral me once. Wasn't too happy about shutting down the office, but was ever so grateful for my return (horse-poo smell and all, but hey, I had to make the most of it). Glad you were able to help Sinner get home, and maybe -- just maybe -- some of your saintliness rubbed off on him.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Koobuss said...

Oh, Eric!1

That is such a sad story. I feel so sorry for that adorable spaniel. Seems like he doesn't have a very good life with his family. Poor guy. He doesn't deserve them and they don't deserve him. Good luck to him.

You did good, Eric.


Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Unknown said...

ERic
You deserve a harry funballs or knighted sainthood for that good deed. You probably cared more about that sinner than the family has in the last 9 years. Perhaps you halo ways rubbed off on him, Rest assured you did your part. I hope if I was lost, you'd be the one to find me too.
norwood

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Oh Eric you were the wonderful saintly one! Sounds like the poor old spaniel is just an ornament at his house. Too sad. When we run off (& we do on occasion take off casting all fate to the wind) our mommy goes nutsy-coo-coo. Whistle blowing, our names wafting in the wind...can't imagine no one caring that we were gone. Thx for helping us appreciate our home more too!
Smooches, BabyRD & Hootie

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

PS - Our mommy bought us some fancy cologne at the store & after our bath she covered us in it. Some lady that was cuddling me even said,"Oooo don't you smell nice." Can you imagine?? I'd much prefer the eau de dead heghog...sounds fab!!
Smooches Again, Hootie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Eric...what a hero you are...(Lacie drops her eyes downward and flutters her lashes faster than the zoomers on that M253 Motorway or whatever the heck it's called...)

Mumsie would be pawsitively terrierfied if we ever made the big escape...well, Scruffy did once and she shook so much I had to make her a smoothie and I wasn't naught more than a pup barely able to play with electric cords...

You rock dearest Eric!!!!

And Scruffy has the longest leggies imaginable......and no Eric...not cuz I pull on 'em....no...

Love ya lots...

Laciegirlie XXOOXXOO

Fenway said...

I've instantly lost all interest in straying, wandering and leaving Ms. Alpha's side.

I know she'd miss me in a heartbeat, but Sinner's tale sounds dreadful and I'm not taking any chances!

You are a right square dog, Eric and I am proud to know such a wonderful fellow. You really made Sinner feel welcome.

Your pal,
Fenway

Tee said...

Pooor Sinner ...

Now we understand why he didn't even wag his tail happily when he saw his leggeded. :P

Our fur kids are escape artists. Sometimes they disappear for hours into the bushes ... and the Chief is always calling out to them. Yes, her main worry is that they might chance across the cruel raging roads. Anywoos. Our puppers always know how to come home ... looking rather contritely - sitting patiently by the main gates waiting for the Chief let 'em in and is always relieved to be back home.

Chief wonders, if they're so happy to come home why do they run out and dissapear and make her worry so! :p

The Dog Woods Pack